Christians believe human beings are one of God’s creations, and He created them very good. This is one truth to start with: God designed our bodies and that design is very good. The foreskin is part of God’s design for our genitals, and the foreskin is also very good. Humans are made in God’s image and therefore deserve the highest consideration and respect we can give.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Approximately 90% of the world’s non-Muslim men are not circumcised.
- If a boy is born without a foreskin, it is considered a birth defect called aposthia.
- The foreskin has many important functions. Read about them at www.foreskinfunction.org
- Christians around the world do not routinely circumcise their boys and find it surprising that it happens in the US.
- A recent study found a negative correlation between men’s understanding of the functions of the foreskin and their satisfaction with having been circumcised. The more men know about circumcision and what they are missing, the more upset they are.
- Biblical circumcision was completely different to what’s practiced now, and it was much less invasive, leaving most of the foreskin’s functions intact.
- Many men are restoring their foreskins, a process which allows many of the functions of the foreskin to return. However, many specialized parts of the foreskin cannot be regrown using this method.
Respect God’s design. Leave your son intact!
Latest posts by Joe (see all)
- FGM in Kurdistan: Different culture, same reasons as MGM - July 8, 2019
- FGM and MGM: Are they similar? - December 27, 2018
- Why are men born with a foreskin? - December 9, 2018
Leave a Comment