Dear brothers and sisters,
Joe and Pete here with our monthly Little Images report. We thank you for your support! It's been a busy month, and we’ve got some good news for you. Here’s the quick version:
- Welcome to the board, Dr. John Trainer!
- Come get some printed materials, and keep an eye out for more
- We’re starting to meet pastors, professors, and parents – with good results
- Pray for us: for supportive churches, for funding, for staff needs, and for wisdom
Welcome, Dr. Trainer!
We are delighted to welcome a new board member to Little Images.
John Trainer (MD, Wake Forest) is a family physician at Baptist Health in Jacksonville, Florida, where he is a member of the Board of Directors of Baptist Primary Care, the leading group of primary care providers in Northeast Florida.
Dr. Trainer is also an active family man and member of a church in Jacksonville, where he sometimes brings the Word to the congregation. (Perhaps you’ve even encountered his work without knowing it – he’s authored at least one quote that has often been falsely attributed to C.S. Lewis.)
We are thrilled to have Dr. Trainer join the board of Little Images. He is a man committed to Christ and supportive of our mission to protect His little images, and he brings wisdom and experience to the table that will help guide us in the months and years ahead. Welcome, Dr. Trainer. May God bless you for your willingness to spin yet another plate for His kingdom.
Quick September Summary
We’ve been developing readable, relatable print materials. The first two are already available at our online store (now hosted by BigCommerce): 3x5 info cards and 8½ x 11 flyers. More materials are coming soon!
And we’ve started meeting with pastors, professors, and parents. In the past month we’ve been at 8 official meetings, and in the end our listeners agreed with our message in an astounding 7 out of 8. (Even the 8th group of listeners was indifferent, not disagreeable.) And that’s not including many unofficial meetings where our staff has been getting the word out!
We want to have teams around the country soon, running booths at conferences and group sessions at churches and universities. We’d like to help educate and support birthing centers, pregnancy centers, and more. But to do that, we need a few things.
- Supportive church bodies. Pastors and many individual Christians are supporting the message of Little Images, but it’s understandably difficult to commit a whole church body’s corporate support to something that has no doubt directly touched some of its members.
- Funding. We believe that we should make our website fast, our printed materials beautiful, and our meetings well prepared for, but we’re running on fumes here. To continue putting our plan into action, we need more sponsors.
- Staff needs. We're spending a lot of time and energy handling web and social media stuff. Pray that God will put us in touch with a web programmer and perhaps someone to help manage social media.
- Wisdom. We’re joining our voices to those of historical and worldwide Christianity and confronting the American church on an issue regarding sexual ethics and anatomy. Thanks to cultural bias, this is a touchy subject for many, a repulsive subject for others, and even foolishness to some. In order to communicate, we need wisdom, so let us all “ask God for it” (James 1:5).
We’re confident that God “will meet all our needs” as we pray together and continue working to educate, encourage, and protect.
For His little images,
Pete and Joe
Latest posts by littleimages (see all)
- Little Images expands in 2018 & 2019 - December 31, 2018
- What’s missing from Christian books on marital sex? - February 25, 2017
- 1 Million Booklets to 1 Million Christians (with circumcision info) - July 2, 2016